I have a few ladies looking for forever homes! Two pairs of retired breeders, and one young female from my last litters. The young female can be combined with one of the pairs of retired ladies. :)
New fabric options available to choose from on the customizable hammocks in my shop!
If you would like to see fabric options for my liners, please message me! I don't keep fabric on hand for those orders due to them requiring a lot of material. Your preferences (color/pattern) will determine the options that will be available to you.
I am open to making custom liners, beds, and other hammocks I do not have listed on my shop. I will either need pictures and/or exact measurements depending on what you want done! :)
Shop Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RattieRetreats
Applications are currently closed. If more babies are born than expected, or if people currently on the adoption lists drop off, I will announce that positions are opening. Please check the bottom of the Nursery page for my next planned litters and breeding timeline.
Hello everyone! I apologize for the delay in updates as well as the lack of litters. We've experienced a few set-backs in the breeding schedule this last month and a half.
The first set-back we had, all the females I had planned to breed starting 4 weeks ago, decided to chew their cage pan for the first time ever and got down to the males below. Due to me not knowing what males they came in contact with, I had to administer the rat equivalent to "plan B." This was the decision I made due to some gene combinations being lethal to the offspring. Without knowing what gene combinations happened while the females were in with the males, ensuring the litters would not be viable was the choice I had to make for the safety of my critters. I then had to wait for the medication to be out of their system before pairing them to their intended partners.
However, when the time came to pair them, it was brought to my attention that SDAV, a virus that attacks the rats' immune system, may have been spread to my animals. I wasn't made aware of this until 2.5 weeks past the possible exposure, in which none of my animals have been experiencing symptoms. This last week and a half, I have been calling every clinic within driving distance to get my rats in for bloodwork to see if it was spread. None of the clinics I called were willing to test, told me it was a waste of time and money, or flat out told me to euthanize my rats and start new. You can imagine how defeated I have been feeling with those responses. I was finally able to directly contact a lab for testing and am now waiting for the test kit to be shipped to me. Once I have my results back, which I feel will be negative, but want to be 100% sure, then I will be able to have a definite plan to start breeding again.
Even if the test results do come back positive, I only have to shut down for 4 more weeks. This will put a bit of a damper on my breeding schedule, but I would rather that than put my animals at risk. If the results come back negative, then I'll be able to place my next planned parents together sooner than the 4 week timeframe.
I have never experienced anything like either of these events in the 4 years of breeding experience I have, so this is all a learning curve and for sure something I am being as cautious as possible with. With that being said, I will not be going anywhere. I will still continue breeding these incredible animals for years to come. This may be a set-back now, but we will come through on the other side with more knowledge and experience.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding!
I will have a few babies left over after those that are currently on my adoption lists choose. I have 2-3 slots open for the females and 1 open for the males. If you are interested in an application, please reach out! Spots will be filled first come, first served. I have also posted this on my Facebook group.
If you are not able to get on the lists for these babies, I will be reopening applications for my next litters toward the end of this month. There will be a set date coming soon.
Important Announcement! (7/23/2020)
As of now, I do not have any open spots on my adoption lists. The next time applications will be open is around late August. If you'd like to see what parents I plan to breed toward the end of August, please check out the bottom of the Nursery page!
I've yet to change the website domain. I had a few emergency needs with the animals funds, so that got prioritized over purchasing the domain. I still plan to do that here in the near future, but may wait another month!
Yesterday, two litters were born here! GOT Ebony had her babies in the morning. She was paired to GOT Fraser. Yesterday evening, GOT Lilly had her babies. She was paired to GOT Soot. They had 10 healthy babies, with 4 females and 6 males. Lots are Rexes, and ear types will be identified soon!
As of now, there are no more positions open for my adoption lists. The next time they will be open will be around late August/early September, which is when I'll be pairing my next breeders. All of the babies that were born, or will be here soon, will not have any outside availability to those not currently on the adoption lists.
I will be updating the domain name on this website to my current, Garden of Tails, name. When I first started breeding, I was called Indiana Little Rattery, but have since changed it. This change will be made within this week! The change did get delayed, but I am now making it a priority on this week's to-do list!
As of now, I only have space left for one more applicant on my female adoption list and three more spaces left on the male adoption list. These spots are only for the planned pairings I have posted on the Nursery tab, not for future litters.
Babies have not been born from any of these litters yet, but I am hoping to see some new babies here in a few weeks! Reservations start when they are 5-6 weeks old. I go down the adoption lists in the order I received applications. Each person will have 24 hours to choose before I move to the next in line. Once babies are reserved, you have 7 days to send in the deposit. If the deposit is not received within 7 days, those babies will go back up to be available to anyone. Once babies are reserved, they are able to go home from 8-12 weeks. That time depends on the line, as some have to stay until 12 weeks. Any that have to stay longer will be specified.
Quick announcement for website changes. I will be changing the domain name to gardenoftails .com. It was previously, littlerattery because the first name I called my rattery was Indiana Little Rattery and have just spaced changing it over. If you have troubles finding the website, it's because of this change! It will most likely be next weekend when I change it over! :)
Good morning everyone! Applications are now open for these planned pairings. Positions go quickly and are filled based on the order I receive the apps back. If you have already filled out an application and become approved in the past, you do not need to fill out another, just message me! :)
If you'd like to know more about what varieties I'm expecting with each pair, please check the Nursery tab!
I have attached a link below with the information you'll need to know about the approval process. Please read this before applying. If questions are asked that are on this link, I will resend the link for you to read over fully.