**All adoptions are currently halted. I suspect SDAv may have somehow spread to my rats. I am waiting on test results before further action can be taken.**
I apologize for the delayed announcement. I thought I had published a post about this, but it didn't seem to go through. A few weeks ago, I noticed some of my rats getting sneezy. Sniffles during seasonal changes are to be expected, but I saw one of the babies with a swollen neck/lymph nodes. This is one of the main symptoms of SDAv, a viral infection that attacks their immune systems. Thankfully, this cannot be passed to humans, or any of my other critters. However, the other animals can carry it for a time and spread it back to the rats, so all breeding and adoptions have been halted until I get my results back.
If the test comes back positive, I will remain closed until the end of June while the virus burns out. There isn't a cure, so unfortunately, it has to burn out naturally. If the test comes back negative, I'll take note of the rats that were sneezy, especially some of the younger ones that are showing early signs of sensitivities, and will decide whether or not they are still fit for adoption. Adoptions will resume as scheduled, toward the end of this month if results are negative.
I also have a lot of personal matters I am currently dealing with, so I will be taking a step back from my website and social media. I know I haven't been very active as of late anyway, which I do apologize for. I do have to remind myself that I am one me running this all and balancing other aspects of my life, so taking a break is sometimes needed.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Leave a Reply.